Last weekend, we bought a pack of salted egg chips. It’s a large bag. I forgot how many grams it is. Anyway, it’s P250 and when we opened it, we finished it in around 20 minutes. THAT FAST! Goodbye, P250.
This is the reason why I decided to revisit my salted egg recipe. I know there are a lot of recipes around the internet which you may or may not have tried but this I guarantee that I have tried and it works!
Here’s the recipe!
- 8 pcs salted duck egg
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 packs of your favorite potato chips (regular size)
- Chili flakes (optional)
How to cook:
- Remove the yolk from the eggs. You can use the whites for fried rice!
- Mash the yolks to remove the bits.
- Wash the cup of basil and dry them onto the pan in medium heat. Remove the basil leaves from the pan. Another version will make you deep fry the leaves. Whatever floats your boat.
- Add in the butter and swirl the leaves in once melted.
- Put in the yolks to your butter mixture until creamy. Add chili flakes if you want to make it spicy. Fresh chili does wonders too.
- Once done, you can switch off the heat.
- Toss in your chips and coat them nicely.
Servings: 2 – 3 pax (depending on how much you love chips)
Ta-dah! That’s how you do it. See, even my son approves. It takes a lot of time to take the yolks out to be honest. But it is all worth it! Everyone ate it in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for movie marathons!
Let me know if you tried this one out or you want me to try another recipe. Hit me up!